Opening an account
1. How can I open a brokerage account?
• Go to the website www.trilliumta.com and click on ‘Open Account’. Send us an email and you will get an invitation link directly from Interactive Brokers. There you will be taken through the opening process step by step.
2. Which documents do I need to hand in?
• A copy of a passport, identity card or drivers licence which is valid for at least six months
• A document to proof your residence: e.g. a utility bill not older than three months
• Note: the name on the documents must match the name in which you open your account exactly.
3. How long does it take to open an account?
• Your account will be open in 1 – 2 business days.
4. How much does it cost to open an account?
• It is free. However if you don’t trade your account it will cost $10 per month.
5. How many trades do I need to do in order to have a free account?
• This is based on commissions generated. This fee is waived once $30 in fees have been registered on your account. This is charged on a monthly basis.
6. How can I open a Paper Trading/Simulated Account?
• You will have access to the paper trading platform as soon as your account is open and funded.
7. In which languages is the trading platform available?
• The platform is available in multiple languages. Click on the icon representing a globe in order to choose your desired language.
• Live support chat is also available in different languages.
8. What is the minimum amount required to open a trading account?
9. How can I transfer the money?
• You can fund via the account management system and select either a wire transfer or an ACAT transfer. Detailed instructions are provided.
10. How long does it take until the funds are in my account?
• ACAT transfer normally takes 5-6 business days.